Do I have to pay music rights?
If you play commercial music via Tunify, several types of music rights apply.
Tunify pays for:
- extending our music collection with new songs
- hard copies of the song files on our streaming servers (the "reproduction rights")
- music rights for authors
- music rights for artists
As such, a good part of the subscription price goes to the music industry.
As a Tunify user you pay for:
- your licenses for playing music in a public environment. You can obtain these at your country's music rights organization. If you are not sure which organization this is, contact us.
Direct licensed music
If you play direct licensed music via Tunify (often called: royalty-free), the following music rights have to be paid for.
- for extending our music collection with new songs
- Epidemic Sound for authors and artists
As such, a part of the subscription price goes to Epidemic Sound.
In most countries, you as a Tunify user do not have to pay anything. In some countries a small fee is due. Contact us to know what applies for your country.